Mississauga, Canada (January 2018) Red Leaf Medical Inc. is pleased to announce the Canadian launch of PROfortil™*, a clinically proven treatment for male fertility disorders that contains a patented composition of micronutrients.
According to the Government of Canada Report on Fertility, approximately 16%, or one in six couples, experience infertility and the male is the cause of the infertility in up to 50% of the cases. The same report noted that 57,000 couples seek medical help to assist with conception every year.
The effectiveness of PROfortil™ has been proven in five studies1-5 with more than 750 patients. In a controlled study of 205 patients1, for example, PROfortil™ was superior to the control group in improving all key metrics for sperm quality – ejaculatory volume, sperm cell density, progressive motility and normal morphology. More importantly, after three months of treatment with PROfortil™ 26% of couples achieved pregnancy.
In a separate study2, PROfortil™ was given to male patients with subclinical varicocele (an enlargement of the veins within the scrotum, which is a common cause of low sperm production and decreased sperm quality) who had proven infertility for more than two years. Post-treatment evaluation showed an improvement in all male fertility parameters, with pregnancy occurring in 41% of couples.
“We are very excited to make PROfortil™ available in Canada,” said Charles Ko, Chief Executive Officer, Red Leaf Medical. “PROfortil™ has helped thousands of couples in more than 60 countries increase their likelihood of conception. We look forward to similar success in Canada.”
About Red Leaf Medical Inc.
Red Leaf Medical is the only Canadian healthcare company focused exclusively on providing innovative products and services to the urology market. The company’s portfolio includes products in uro-oncology, endo-urology, male and female incontinence, pediatric urology and infertility. Red Leaf Medical was ranked as one of Canada’s fastest growing companies in Canadian Business magazine’s PROFIT 500 listing in 2015, 2016 and 2017.
* PROfortil™ is an innovative product of Lenus Pharma.
- Imhof et al., Improvement of sperm quality after micronutrient supplementation. ESPEN 2011
- Schauer et al., Micronutrients as an alternative to fertility treatment in men with subclinical varicocele. EAU, Abstract, 2010
- Lipovac et. Al., Comparison of the effect of a combination of eight micronutrients vs a standard mono preparation on sperm parameters. Reproductive Biology and Endocrinology, 2016
- Lipovac et al., Increased hyaluronan acid binding ability of spermatozoa indicating a better maturity, morphology, and higher DNA integrity after micronutrient supplementation. EMJ, 2014
- Imhof et al., The use of the nutraceutical PROfertil® a therapy of the male factor. EAU, Abstract, 2010